We are happy to announce that, in 2018, the 125th Janmotsav celebrations in the honour of our blessed Gurudeva Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda, will be held simultaneously at Ahmedabad and Chennai during January 4 – 7. We convey our sincere gratitude to the devotees of these two Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendras who have expressed their eagerness to host the event.
Information about the programmes and registration guidelines are given in the following pages. For further information please contact the respective Kendra at the address given below:
AHMEDABAD, JANUARY 4 – 7, 2018
Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra
Plot No. 2, Near Kailash Society
Lane Opp. Bata Showroom
Near Times of India Buildings
Off Ashram Road
Phone: (079) 26582158, 09429199858
Additional contact persons: Sri Jagdishbhai Vyas: 09879112798; Sri S. K. Khazanchi: 09426725020; Dr. Raj Shah: 09824035844
All programmes will be held at: Karnavati Club Limited, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad 380058
CHENNAI, JANUARY 4 – 7, 2018
Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra
Paramahansa Yogananda Hall
‘OMKAR’ Apartments, No. 14, (Old No. 17)
Land Mark: Behind EGA Theatre
Kilpauk, CHENNAI 600010
Phone: (044) 26431141
Additional contact persons: Smt. Saraswathi Srinivasan: 09444057590; Smt. Hema Premchand: 09094003506; Sri Karunakara Reddy: 09443352178; Smt. S Theivanai: 09444399909; Sri V. S. Sekaran: 09444290157
All programmes will be held at: Sri Krishnaswamy Kalyana Mandapam, Old No. 31 New No. 62, South Boag Road, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017
General Information and Registration Guidelines for Janmotsav at Ahmedabad and Chennai
- The schedule for the Janmotsav will include twice-daily group meditations, spiritual discourses, explanation of meditation techniques, personal guidance by YSS sannyasis, and a video show on Gurudeva. Kriya Yoga diksha for eligible devotees will be conducted on January 7, 2018. Devotees will receive details of the programme upon their arrival at the venue.
- Review of meditation techniques is for YSS Lessons students only. Kriya Yoga diksha is for eligible YSS Lessons students only and Kriya Yoga review is for YSS Kriyabans only. However, all interested family members and friends are welcome to attend the spiritual discourses and video show programmes.
- Limited dormitory-style accommodation will be arranged for ladies and gents separately at both the venues. Family members may please plan and pack accordingly. The charge for meals will be 180/- per day per person. There will also be a Registration fee of 600/- per person for the entire Janmotsav.
- If you wish to participate in the Janmotsav, please contact Ahmedabad/Chennai Dhyana Kendra at the address given above for registration and further guidance. The enclosed Registration Form, duly filled in with your email id, should be sent to the concerned Kendra latest by November 25, 2017.
- After receiving your Registration Form, a confirmation will be sent to you. Further information about the Janmotsav and directions to reach the venue will be given in the confirmation letter.
- Volunteers: To organize these functions, many devotee-volunteers will be required. Please mention if you are in a position to volunteer your services during the function. The number of days you could spend, and previous experience, if any, may also be indicated on the Registration Form. After receiving this information, the Kendra will select volunteers for various areas of work and give further instructions.