With immense joy we announce that the Government of India has once again recognised the spiritual stature and contributions of one of the immortal sons of India, our Gurudeva Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda, and has decided to commemorate his 125th Birth Anniversary.
The Ministry of Culture, Government of India, organises such commemorations, with the help of a National Implementation Committee (NIC). The Committee has been constituted for commemorating the 125th birth anniversary of Paramahansa Yoganandaji, chaired by the Hon’ble Home Minister of India, Sri Rajnath Singh. The committee also includes the Minister of Finance, Sri Arun Jaitley; the Minister of Culture, Dr. Mahesh Sharma; and other prominent government officials, along with representation from YSS.
The Government of India will take up various programmes to honour and commemorate Paramahansa Yoganandaji’s 125th birth anniversary with the help of YSS. A few of these programs are mentioned below:
- Free distribution of Autobiography of a Yogi and other books by Paramahansaji in English as well as in several major Indian languages throughout the country, including to hundreds of libraries and universities;
- Public lectures and seminars to disseminate Yoga-meditation techniques and teachings among interested people.
- Production of an audiobook version of Autobiography of a Yogi in major Indian languages;
- Publication of a pictorial history book depicting the life and mission of Paramahansa Yogananda;
- Reach out to employees in both public sector and private sector enterprises and introduce Paramahansaji’s teachings.
- Publish books, eBooks, and audio-visual material of Paramahansaji.
- Modern infrastructure for YSS Educational Institutions at Ranchi.
We hope and pray to the Divine that these celebrations and events become sacred vehicles for disseminating the ancient spiritual treasure of India as expounded by Paramahansaji. At the same time, we are deeply grateful to all the truth-seekers and devotees who will either support in organising these events, or make them a wonderful success by their enthusiastic participation.
We will continue to share periodic updates and news with you as we celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of our beloved Gurudeva. Please find the list of events posted here.
YSS General Secretary Swami Smaranananda (third from left) with Swami Ishwarananda and Brahmachari Nishthananda at a meeting in New Delhi with senior Government of India officials: (right to left) Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of Culture; Sri Rajnath Singh, Minister of Home Affairs; Sri S.S. Ahluwalia, Minister of Electronics & IT; Sri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways; and Sri Bhupender Yadav, Member of Rajya Sabha (Parliament).
Swami Vishwananda (right), a member of the YSS/SRF Board of Directors, travelled from the SRF Mother Centre in Los Angeles to participate in meetings with Government of India officials. Here he confers with Minister of Culture Dr. Mahesh Sharma.
Conceptual drawings of the master plan for the YSS Boys’ School and College Multipurpose Hall in Ranchi, and of one of the new buildings (inset), funding for which is included in the grant.