Paramahansa Yogananda (1893 — 1952) is considered one of the preeminent spiritual figures of modern times.
Author of the best-selling spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi, this beloved world teacher has introduced millions of readers to the perennial wisdom of the East. He is now widely recognized as the Father of Yoga in the West. He founded Yogoda Satsanga Society of India in (1917) and Self-Realization Fellowship in (1920), which continue to carry on his spiritual legacy worldwide under the leadership of Sri Sri Mrinalini Mata, one of his closest disciples.
Paramahansa Yogananda has profoundly impacted the lives of millions with his comprehensive teachings on:
- the science of Kriya Yoga meditation,
- the underlying unity of all true religions,
- the art of balanced health and well-being in body, mind, and soul.
His teachings and the meditation techniques he taught are available today through:
- Yogoda Satsanga Lessons, a comprehensive home-study series originated by Yoganandaji himself;
- Books, recordings, and other publications from YSS, the organization he founded to disseminate his teachings worldwide;
- Programmes conducted by sannyasis of the Yogoda Satsanga Society of India Monastic Order at YSS Ashrams and meditation centres all over the country.