Inspired by these words of our Guru, Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS) has been organizing camps during Kumbha Melas in the past. Likewise, we are planning to set up a YSS Camp at the Kumbha that will be held at Prayagraj (Allahabad) early next year. The Camp will be functional on the Kumbha Mela grounds from January 10 to February 21, 2019.
How to reach the YSS Kumbha Mela Camp
This period will cover the bathing days: Makar Sankranti (January 15), Putrada Ekadashi (January 17), Paush Purnima (January 21), Sankat Chauth (January 24), Jaya Ekadashi (January 31), Mauni Amavasya (February 4), Vasant Panchami (February 10), Kumbha Sankranti (February 13), Ekadashi (February 15), and Magha Purnima (February 19).
Throughout the camp period various programmes such as group meditations, bhajans, and satsangas will be organized to help devotees derive the maximum benefit from their stay in the Camp.
The accommodation arrangements at the camp will be spartan, consisting of only a tent pitched on sand, and floor covered with straw. Men and women will be accommodated in separate tents. Devotees who would like to visit and stay at the YSS Camp are requested to register online or fill the attached Registration Form and send it back to us along with a registration fee of Rs. 600 per person. Kindly read the Guidelines given below before filling in the Registration Form, which can be downloaded here. The completed form and remittance should reach us at the earliest possible. Please do mention alternative dates (which are not overlapping) that may be allotted to you in case there is a heavy rush on the dates of your first preference. We shall try to honour your first preference as far as possible. We will confirm your accommodation by letter/email/SMS, which you should bring with you to the Kumbha Mela Camp.
SRF devotees are welcome to register for Kumbha Mela camp by emailing the required details (given in the Registration Form) to [email protected]. On arrival at the Camp site, they are required to submit the following documents: SRF Membership/Kriyaban card and photocopy of the Passport which is required to be submitted to the Mela authorities. Registration fee may be paid on arrival at the reception counter in Indian Rupees.
Accommodation at the Camp will be limited to five days, including the days of arrival and departure, so that the largest number of devotees can avail of the limited facilities and yet fulfil their bathing and other observances. Kindly do not insist on attending one of the main bathing days when there is likely to be much difficulty in accommodation as well as movement. You are also advised to avoid arriving and departing on the main bathing days as vehicles are not permitted to ply on the Mela grounds on those days. However, in case you happen to arrive on a bathing day, and are not able to reach our Camp site, please contact us for assistance.
The Camp facilities are normally meant for YSS/SRF devotees. However, we understand that parents and relatives may be interested in doing the pilgrimage. If family members or close relatives are to be a part of the visiting group, they are also welcome.
Gurudeva said: “Learn to see God in all persons, of whatever race or creed. You will know what divine love is when you begin to feel your oneness with every human being, not before.”
Guidelines to register and attend YSS Camp at Kumbha Mela
1. Registration: There will be registration charges of Rs. 600 per person.
ONLINE (for YSS devotees only): You may register online here. Payment can be made online as well. This facility is available for YSS devotees only.
OFFLINE: Please complete the attached form and send it along with the registration charges of Rs. 600 per person to Kumbha Mela C/o
Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram — Noida,
Paramahansa Yogananda Marg,
B-4, Sector 62, Noida 201307, U.P.
The amount should be sent through a Demand Draft/Cheque/I.P.O. in favour of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India. Your form should reach Noida Ashram at the earliest.
Age Restrictions: Children below 12 years of age are not allowed. Senior devotees who are 75 years and above are requested not to register themselves due to the harsh conditions prevailing at the camp site.
Contact Us: If you have any queries regarding this programme, you may send them to the email address: [email protected]. You may also contact our Noida Ashram between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on the phone numbers: 8580169522, 6207704270, 8969663281. The same numbers will continue to be in operation at our Mela Camp site, once the Camp becomes functional.
2. Food: Simple meals will be provided on a donation basis. There will be no fixed charges for this.
3. Accommodation: The accommodation arrangements at the Camp will be spartan, consisting of only a tent pitched on the sand, and floor covered with straw. As men and women will be accommodated in separate tents, families planning to stay at the Camp are requested to pack keeping this in mind. As the weather will be very cold in January and February, please bring with you complete winter clothing (such as a quilt/sleeping bag/sweaters/cap, socks, etc.). A sleeping bag will be most comfortable if you can arrange one. You may also want to bring a raincoat or an umbrella as it may rain occasionally during these months.
4. As facilities at the Camp are limited, only those persons whose accommodation has been confirmed by YSS will be allowed to stay in the camp. You are requested to not bring along friends and family members who do not have such confirmation.
5. Things to bring: Bedding, winter clothing (as given above), mosquito repellent cream, torch, asan, and other items of personal use.
6. Volunteers: We require dedicated volunteers to help run the camp. Volunteers should be prepared to stay for at least seven days. We need their help with the kitchen, bookstall, accommodation, registration, reception, maintenance and upkeep of the camp, medical services (allopathic and homeopathic), accounts, etc. Those who wish to volunteer may please mention the same in the Registration Form, and opt to stay for at least seven days.
7. Train Tickets: Devotees are requested to purchase their train tickets on their own.
8. Address of the YSS Camp Site: The Mela authorities have not yet allotted sites to various organizations. We will post the site details and the route map when they become available. The address of the site and the route map will also be given in the confirmation letter that will be sent to those who register.
9. Base Camp: YSS will have a base camp at
Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra — Allahabad,
270, Sohabatia Bagh, Nai Basti,
Allahabad 211106, U.P.
The camp will be functional after the allotment of land on the Mela grounds by the authorities.