Sangam With YSS/SRF President
Sri Sri Swami Chidananda Giri
Sunday, February 12 – Thursday, February 16, 2023
(Kriya Yoga diksha on February 15, 2023)
Greater than any other accomplishment is to know your Creator. Learn to find God in the stars, in the earth, and in each throb of your feelings. He is hidden right within our hearts — the most neglected Reality. If you follow the path of Yogoda Satsanga steadfastly, and meditate regularly, you will see Him in the golden robe of light spread through eternity.
— Paramahansa Yogananda
About the Event
It gives us great joy to inform you that our revered President Sri Sri Swami Chidananda Giri will be visiting India during January – February 2023. Swami Chidanandaji will preside over a special five-day sangam at Hyderabad from February 12 – 16, and is eagerly looking forward to spending time with Guruji’s large family in India. However, please note that the organization of this event, and the President’s participation in it will depend upon COVID travel restrictions and safety protocols that are in place prior to the event.
This five-day programme will be held at Kanha Shanti Vanam, Heartfulness Institute at Hyderabad. Situated on the outskirts of Hyderabad, and spread over 1400 acres of lush green land, dotted with many water bodies, this venue not only provides a serene and tranquil environment for sadhana, but also equipped with all the modern facilities needed to organize a programme such as ours.
Devotees with special needs for accommodation and/or diet may please make their own arrangements. There are several good hotels close to the Hyderabad airport, which is 25-30 kilometres from the venue. For those interested in a hotel accommodation, a list of hotels along with their contact details are given here. Please contact the hotels directly to book your room.
- Transport will be provided for arrivals on February 11 and 12 from Secunderabad Railway Station and Hyderabad Airport; and for departures on the last day of the programme, February 16.
- For those devotees staying in hotels near the Airport, transport will be arranged by YSS once in the morning at a specified time from a common point near the hotels, and once in the evening to drop off at the same point. It will take around 45 minutes (25-30 km) to travel to the venue from these hotels near the airport.
The programme will include group meditations, spiritual discourses, review classes on meditation techniques, chanting sessions, and Kriya Yoga diksha ceremony. The schedule will provide opportunities for personal spiritual counselling with our sannyasis and also a time for rest and relaxation. The programme will begin in the morning of the opening day, and end by noon on the closing day.
Our sannyasis will lead group meditations twice daily throughout the programme.
Our revered President and other sannyasis will give inspirational talks to help us deepen our understanding and practice of Gurudeva’s teachings. These talks will be in English and Hindi.
Review Classes on YSS Meditation Techniques
The YSS techniques of energization, concentration, and meditation will be explained and demonstrated. These classes will be conducted in the following languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu.
Kriya Yoga Diksha
Kriya Yoga diksha ceremony will be conducted in English and Hindi on February 15, 2023.
Eligibility to Receive Kriya Yoga Diksha
- Eligibility to receive Kriya Yoga diksha is dependent upon the submission of satisfactory answers to the questionnaire enclosed with the Yogoda Satsanga Lessons. If you wish to apply for Kriya Yoga and have not yet sent your answers to the questionnaire you may submit it online by visiting YSS devotee portal. You may also submit the answers on your arrival at the venue. These will then be checked and approved by a sannyasi.
- If you have already sent your answers to YSS Ranchi ashram and received approval for Kriya Yoga in writing, please bring that letter along with you.
- Please note that to be eligible for the diksha the devotee must have been regularly practising the three basic Yogoda techniques for several months.
As always, many devotee-volunteers will be needed to serve in different areas, such as registration desk, accommodation, audio-visuals, bookstall, decorations, dining, medical help, security, stage arrangements, ushering, etc. In some of these areas, a few volunteers will be required a few days in advance before the function begins. If you would like to volunteer, please indicate that in the Registration Form.
The programme will begin on the morning of February 12 and end around noon on February 16, 2023. Please plan your arrival and departure accordingly. Except for volunteers, devotees are requested not to arrive earlier than February 11, and not to stay beyond the evening of February 16.
- Only YSS/SRF devotees may attend the function.
- Children below 12 years of age are not permitted.
- As the facilities within the premises are spread out, devotees should be fit enough to walk a considerable distance several times a day to commute between the dormitory, dining hall, and auditorium. In addition, the daily schedule of events is very demanding. For these reasons, we request devotees with fragile health or debilitating conditions to not apply.
The last date for registration is December 15, 2022.
*If you are finding it difficult to pay the registration fee, please contact YSS Ranchi ashram.
One may register in one of the following ways:
Please call or email YSS Ranchi ashram Helpdesk and provide your full name, address, telephone number, email, YSS Lessons Reg. number (or SRF Membership Number), age, and dates of your proposed arrival and departure. You may remit the amount against the payment link that will be sent to your mobile or email address.
Mail the Printed Registration Form
One may print the Registration form, fill it out, and mail it to YSS Ranchi ashram along with the remittance by December 15. Remittances should be made only by a cheque payable to YOGODA SATSANGA SOCIETY OF INDIA. Devotees visiting YSS ashrams in Ranchi, Dakshineswar, or Noida may submit their registration form and make payment at these ashrams.
Registration for SRF Devotees
We request interested SRF devotees to contact YSS Helpdesk by email and provide all their details: full name, address, telephone number, email, SRF Membership Number, age, and dates of your proposed arrival and departure. While SRF devotees are most welcome to participate in the function and may have meals at the venue, they are requested to make their own accommodation arrangements in any of the nearby hotels given in the list below:
Your Support Is Needed
As mentioned earlier, we were not able to conduct large functions like the previous Sharad Sangams at YSS Ranchi ashram because the number of devotees who wanted to attend became too large to accommodate. As an alternative, and especially to give a larger number of devotees the opportunity to participate in this function to be graced by our revered President Sri Sri Swami Chidananda Giri, we are organizing this function in a large facility.
The costs associated with organizing a five-day function of this magnitude in an outside location are substantial. We estimate total expenses per attendee to be ₹ 12,000. However, we are subsidizing the registration fee to ₹ 4,000 so that the expense does not limit those who can attend.
With this in mind, we turn to those of you who have the means to help us cover the total costs. We are grateful to those who are able to make larger donations, allowing us to offer this subsidy and thereby extend Gurudeva’s hospitality to all of his spiritual family.
Receive our prayers for your spiritual advancement and increasing awareness of inner joy and peace.