What is the real purpose of our life on earth?
Throughout the ages, the mystics, saints, sages, and yogis have all given us the same answer: to develop a personal relationship with God — one that connects us with Spirit in our everyday lives. Spiritual living is a practical approach to developing that relationship.
"Self-realization is the knowing — in body, mind, and soul — that we are one with the omnipresence of God; that we do not have to pray that it comes to us, that we are not merely near it at all times, but that God's omnipresence is our omnipresence; that we are just as much a part of Him now as we ever will be. All we have to do is improve our knowing."
Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda
Paramahansa Yogananda has shown that all the knowledge, creativity, happiness, and security we are looking for is right within us, the very essence of our being.
To fully realize this — not just as an intellectual philosophy but as an actual experience that brings strength and understanding into every area of our lives — is what the Kriya Yoga teachings of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India/Self-Realization Fellowship are all about.
Balance and Harmony in Body, Mind, and Soul
The balanced lifestyle and meditation practice that we teach are based on an understanding of the interconnection of body, mind, and soul. They are a comprehensive system designed to strengthen, balance, and keep healthy all these aspects of our nature.
The teachings give one the resources to be victorious in whatever comes in the course of living, and provide — in proportion to the depth of one's practice — a deeper understanding and experience of the ultimate Reality.
Find support and fellowship in our Indian subcontinent (and through SRF in the rest of the world) community of meditators and spiritual seekers
Choose from the menu at left to explore the inspiration and sadhana (path of spiritual practice and discipline) that Paramahansa Yogananda provided for all those who are seeking Self-realization, or...
Browse the following resources:
- How-to-live wisdom wisdom from Paramahansa Yogananda, arranged by topics for easily finding help and support
- Paramahansa Yogananda's home-study Lessons on meditation and spiritual living
- Inspirational services and group meditations at YSS Ashrams and Centres
- Guided meditations — as well as meditation tips and techniques to assist you in your daily meditation practice
- Worldwide Prayer Circle — join with others all over the planet to generate healing for yourself and others, and for world peace
- Sunday School Programmes for children
- Retreats led by YSS monastics
- Email newsletter to keep connected with the YSS community countrywide